RESEARCH! OLDER ADULTS AND CANNABIS – ENROLL YOUR PATIENTS
In February, Dr Brian Kaskie of the University of Iowa School of Public Health told us about his study of the affects of marijuana policies on senior citizens. Since the majority of Colorado patients are over age 40, finding some older adults for Dr Kaskie to study should be a snap for CCC members. This research project is starting in April.
Contact: Brian Kaskie, PhD Email: email@example.com or call him at 319-384-3820
SPRING FUN AT THE STATE CAPITOL
- Rep. Jonathan Singer is sponsoring bill to add PTSD as a qualifying condition for medical marijuana. Physicians interested in joining a working committee on this issue please email Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org
House Bill 1220. The Bill seeks to curb “grey market” marijuana. Grey market is defined as marijuana legally grown under a patient’s name, but then sold on the black market instead of going to patients. It plans to accomplish this by restricting the number of plants that can be grown at a residence in Colorado to 16, despite doctor recommendations. Read it here:
This bill has gone through several changes, but has passed 2 votes now.
- Physicians can still recommend up to 99 plants. The patient is responsible for complying with local regulations.
- Patients can still grow more than 16 plants in a non-residential zoned area.
- Extended plant counts for the benefit of a dispensary or caregiver are unaffected.
- The bill now defines a plant by the size of its container.
OK, so I’m a bit behind on the graphic design part. But for now, here is the text of our first pamphlet
Hope to have a prettier version up soon. Until then, comments welcome!